Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Past 3 Months..

NYC

First month of the summer, I had the genius idea to move to the ghettos of Chicago to sell security systems. Hated it more than anything. I got to meet lots of colorful people, was almost shot by a few, and I'm proud to say that I wasn't born to be a door-to-door salesman. Thank God. But on the upside (or.. Upper Eastside), I got to take a trip to my favorite place in the world. While there, I had the pleasure of reuniting with my good friend Chelsea from Pennsylvania; she's going to school at Marymount. And it was soooo good to see her. New York is the sh*t and I am moving there one day.

West Yellowstone
After I moved home from the windy city (which I do still love- the actual city part), my dear friend Melissa Fjeldsted called me and said, "Just come live in West Yellowstone with me for the summer!" So I did. And my life hasn't been the same since.

I'm working two jobs. I'm a host at a pretty delicious Pizzeria called Wild West. I also work front desk at a hotel called (no kidding) Hibernation Station. This is how i answer the phone, "Hibernation Station reservations, this is Ben. How may I help you?" It's great diction practice. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm only here for the summer to release my claustrophobia. Once that's gone, I notice it's a pretty beautiful place. I mean people do travel the world to see it. Speaking of, I get to practice my Francais quite i bit here.. with all the traveling French. It's good. Life is good.
***
@ Our best friend Tiana's wedding.
This is Tiana at the reception. I love her more than I can put into words. So happy for her.
Oh.. and my brother Samuel is going on a mission to Rome, Italy! So excited for him. I'm going to have to start saving now, and learning Italian, so I can visit him. He departs Nov 10. Day after my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment