Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11-09-1989

TODAY IN HISTORY:


21 years ago today -the inverse date of 9/11- (9 November 1989) East berlin opened its borders and the Berlin Wall came down. And with arguably less international significance, I was born this day.
The Berlin Wall was a symbol of communism and oppression.  It's destruction was a brilliant liberating event for all Germans, and most of the world who watched. 4Full history click here.
Freedom has always been a concept to which I've personally had a strong interest and passion for. I've always been proud to have been born on a day which signifies this notion. Soooo.. inspired by the events of this day, because songwriting is a form of self-expression I like, I concocted this:

The song's titled, Freiheit, the German word for freedom. It also begins with a sound byte of Ronald Reagan's famous "Tear Down This Wall!" speech given in 1987. The attempted genre: contemporary electro/industrial/pop/rock. For more of my music CLICK HeR!e!!
Anyways, cheers to freedom, the germans, and the chocolate cheesecake I'll be consuming later today.

3 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Ben!! I'm sorry I'm a little late... Hope this is a great year and I'm jealous of ur 21 years of age.
    Keep the music coming! Sooo glad I already have ur autograph:)

    ReplyDelete